- Kindergarten-8th grade
- Students learn about the biology, ecology and control of mosquitoes.
- Presentations are grade specific, and a variety of topics related to mosquitoes are discussed, depending on grade level.
- Students are instructed how to use the Life Cycle Kit.
- Students are informed about District services and how they can help their families and community stay safe from mosquitoes.
Life cycle kit:
- The kit includes live mosquitoes and mosquitofish.
- Students observe mosquito larvae develop from the larvae into adult mosquitoes.
- Students observe the predator-prey relationship of mosquitoes and mosquitofish.
- Each student is provided with a grade specific activity journal that is used in conjunction with the life cycle kit and reinforces the concepts introduced in the classroom presentation.
- Additional activities are provided (on USB drive) and may be printed for classroom use.