- Kindergarten-8th grade
- Students learn about the biology, ecology and control of mosquitoes.
- Presentations are grade specific- please view the Mosquito School Presentation Guide for more information about specific topics discussed for the different grade levels (presentation topics are subject to change at the discretion of the Education Program Specialist) .
- Students are instructed how to use the Life Cycle Kit.
- Students are informed about DIstrict services and how they can help their families and community stay safe from mosquitoes.
Life cycle kit:
- The kit includes live mosquitoes and mosquitofish and a variety of other educational materials.
- Students observe mosquito larvae develop from the larvae into adult mosquitoes.
- Students observe the predator-prey relationship of mosquitoes and mosquitofish.
- Additional activities are provided (on CD) to each teacher and may be printed for classroom use.
- Activities were designed to reinforce California Department of Education Science Content Standards.
- The experiments were designed specifically to be used with the Life Cycle Kit, but most of the other activities do not require a kit for use.
- Teachers' copies include answers, explanations, and the content standards that each worksheet attempts to reinforce.
- Teachers are encouraged to use activities from lower or higher grade levels depending on their students' levels of understanding.
|Grade Level||Activity (click on any title to view PDF)|