- This program teaches students about the biology, ecology, and control of vectors. It also serves to inform the public about the services that the District provides, and strives to foster student interest in entomology and ecology.
Scope of program:
- Free in-class presentations are available to all local schools (of appropriate grade level) in Marin and Sonoma counties on a first-come first-served basis.
- The Education Department participates in a variety of special events (such as Tolay Fall Festival, Cotati Kids Day, various school science fairs, etc.).
Free services available:
- To schedule a free presentation or request a classroom tick packet, call 800.231.3236 (please note that schedules fill up very quickly, and you may be asked if you would like to be added to a waiting list).
- Scheduling is done three times each year- in August (for fall presentations), in December (for spring presentations) and in May (for summer presentations).
- If you have specific questions about our education program, please email Eric Engh.
Additional educational resources:
|Build Your Own Mosquito School (PDF)||
|CDPH: Don't Let the Ticks Bite- Curriculum Guide for Teachers||
|CDPH: Tick-Borne Disease Prevention: Stuff for Kids||