- This program teaches students about the biology, ecology, and control of local vectors. It also serves to inform the public about the services that the District provides, and strives to foster student interest in entomology and ecology.
Scope of program:
- Free in-class presentations are available to all local schools in Marin and Sonoma counties (all grades) on a first-come first-served basis.
- Click on any of the following links for detailed information including downloadable activities to print.
- Insect identification presentation/workshop is available (typically for high school classes)
- Each year, the Education Department participates in a variety of special events (such as Tolay Fall Festival, Cotati Kids Day, various school science fairs, etc.).
Free services available:
- If you are interested in finding out how to schedule a presentation, have specific questions about our education program, or want to request a classroom tick packet, please email Eric Engh.
Additional educational resources:
|CDPH: Don't Let the Ticks Bite- Curriculum Guide for Teachers||
|CDPH: Tick-Borne Disease Prevention: Stuff for Kids||