- This program teaches students about the biology, ecology, and control of local vectors. It also serves to inform the public about the services that the District provides, and strives to foster student interest in entomology and ecology.
Scope of program:
- Free in-class presentations are available to all local schools in Marin and Sonoma counties on a first-come first-served basis.
- Mosquito School presentations are available for grades K-8.
- Yellowjacket School presentations are available for K-8.
- Tick School presentations are available for K-8. Classroom tick packets are also available.
- Vector presentations (include information on mosquitoes, yellowjackets, ticks & rodents) are available for grades 7-8.
- Insect identification presentations are available for high school biology classes.
- Each year, the Education Department participates in a variety of special events (such as Tolay Fall Festival, Cotati Kids Day, various school science fairs, etc.).
Free services available:
- Call 800.231.3236 to schedule presentations (please note that our presentation schedule fills up in advance, and you may be asked if you would like to be added to a waiting list).
- If you have specific questions about our education program, or want to request a classroom tick packet, please email Eric Engh.
Additional educational resources:
|Build Your Own Mosquito School (PDF)||
|CDPH: Don't Let the Ticks Bite- Curriculum Guide for Teachers||
|CDPH: Tick-Borne Disease Prevention: Stuff for Kids||