- Kindergarten-8th grade
- Our grade specific classroom presentations teach students about the biology, ecology and control of mosquitoes.
- Each class borrows a life cycle kit (for two weeks) that includes live mosquito larvae and mosquitofish.
- Students safely observe mosquito metamorphosis and an important mosquito predator.
- Each student is provided with an observation journal or activty book that is used with the life cycle kit.
- We designed our lessons to reinforce the Next Generation Science Standards.
- The following table includes the presentations, lesson plans and observation journals that we use in classrooms.
- Click here for our teacher companion site that has supplemental educational materials for classroom use.
- Presentations for 1st grade and up are provided in PowerPoint format (kindergarten presentation is a YouTube link).
(Click to view presentation)
|Lesson Plan (PDF)||
Supplemental Curriculum (PDF)