- K-8th grade
- Our grade-specific classroom presentations teach students about the biology and ecology of ticks, as well as relevant safety tips.
- Each class borrows a life cycle kit that include preserved tick specimens (all life stages), a magnifer, and a tick life cycle wheel.
- Each student is provided with an activity book that is used with the life cycle kit.
- Classroom tick packets are available to local educators who are not able to schedule a tick presentation (see details below).
- The following table includes the presentations, lesson plans and activity books that we use.
- Click here for our teacher companion site that has supplemental educational materials for classroom use.
- Presentations are provided in PowerPoint format.
|Lesson Plan (PDF)||
Supplemental Curriculum (PDF)
3rd and up
|Ticks: Biology, Disease and Safety Tips|
Classroom tick packets:
- Our tick-related educational materials are available free of charge to any teacher in Marin and Sonoma counties, even if an in-class presentation is not scheduled.
- Each classroom tick packet includes:
- Tick ID card (1 per student)
- Tick activity book (1 per student)
- Tick habitat puzzle (1 per classroom)
- Evaluation (1 per teacher)
- To order a classroom tick packet, please email Eric Engh
- Please provide us with your name, school, address, grade level(s), number of students, and date you need the packet
- Please give us at least two weeks notice